The following information corresponds to these test sections:
RN Pre-Entrance Science (Chemistry)
Part IV Health Occupations Test
Part III PSB PN Test (Chemistry)
Part IV PSB RN Test (Chemistry)
RNEE Physical Science Section
1. Which physical characteristic of a solution may indicate the presence of a transition element?
A. Its density
B. Its color
C. Its effect on litmus
D. Its effect on phenolphthalein
2. Given the reaction: 4NH3 + 5O2 → 4NO + 6H2O
What is the maximum number of moles of H2O that can be produced when 2.0 moles of NH3 are completely reacted?
3. What is the volume occupied by 2.0 moles of Ar(g) at STP?
A. 22.4 L
B. 44.8 L
C. 89.6 L
D. 179 L
4. Which compound is a salt?
5. At 1 atm and 298 K, which of the Ka values listed below represents the strongest acid?
A. 1.1 x 10-7
B. 1.8 x 10-5
C. 5.6 x 10-11
D. 4.6 x 10-4
6. Which half reaction correctly represents oxidation?
A. Sn2+ + 2e → Sn0
B. Sn4+ + 2e- → Sn2+
C. Sn2→ Sn0 + 2e
D. Sn2+→ Sn4+ + 2e
7. In a redox reaction the reducting agent will
A. Lose electrons and be reduced
B. Lose electrons and be oxidized
C. Gain electrons and be reduced
D. Gain electrons and be oxidized
8. Which element is present in all organic compounds?
9. What is the oxidation number of sulfur in H2SO4?
10. What products are obtained with CH4(g) burns completely in an excess of oxygen?
A. CO and H2O
B. CO and C
C. CO2 and H2O
D. CO2 and CO
Chemistry Answer Key